[3830] CQ 160m SSB VE3BY s/op hp

Carl & Kim Styan ve3by at bmts.com
Tue Mar 2 12:20:31 EST 1999

VE3BY Carleton Styan, RR#2 Tara, Ontario, Canada

160 SSB s/op hp.

 Q-969 C-18 S-58 Score-361,608

Rig- FT-1000D, Ant. Tx phase dipoles at 110 ft, Rx 3 Beverages and snake
800ft
PA- +1kw
First night 700 qso's, this alone beat my goal! second night the band was
still
busy with few new ones, 269 q's second night.

highlight: Having a VK3 call me!
Incredible QRM, but the beverages seem to be working good.worked lots of QRP
West Coast Stations, over half my log was west coast! thanks guys!!
Most of the fun was pulling out the weak ones, it makes my day when I
stuggle
for 3 mins working on a weak one and finding out they are running 4 watts, I
just love it. These guys need bigger credit.
Still cant figure out if 160 mtrs is allowed in North Dakota, im not the
only
one who was missing ND. worked them all the first night.
thats it for this one, 73's and see ya from zone two this fall.
Carl VE3BY (VA2BY)

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com