[3830] KU6J ARRL DX PHONE SOABLP Sac Valley

Eric June ericj at kudonet.com
Mon Mar 8 17:28:16 EST 1999

                  ARRL International DX Contest -- 1999

	Call: KU6J		Section:  Sacramento Valley
	Mode: PHONE		Category: Single Operator, All Band, Low Power (Unassisted)

	BAND	QSO	QSO PTS	COUNTRIES

	160     0        0	     0
	 80    36     105	    19
	 40    68     204	    24
	 20    90     270	    39
	 15   226     675	    65
	 10   109     318	    40
	----------------------------
	TOTAL	529    1572    187  =  293964

Equipment Description:
Yaesu FT-1000D at 150W
All-band 135' Doublet at 25'

Club affiliation: NONE
Operating Time: Approximately 40 hours

Comments:

1) 98% S&P
2) Achieved my personal goal of 500 QSO's for the contest.  :-)
3) Missed my personal goal of getting quality sack time, in the interest of
above.  :-(
4) Didn't hear a single KL7.
5) Great EU opening on Sunday morning, snagged many with only 1 call.
6) Raised my antenna 10 feet higher vs. CW competition, seemed to help. It
now sits at a staggering 25' ASL (above snow level)  :-)
7) Someone said I was "loud" on 80m.  Of course that someone was another W6
only about 100 miles away.  He and a JA were the only ones to answer my
CQs.  Having a cloud burner will do that...

Goals for next year:

1) Learn to log with a computer, I still use paper logs and dupe sheets as
I did in the last contest I operated (1981 Radiosport).
2) Trade my Tahoe ski slope house for a different house where towers are
allowed.  If interested, let me know.
3) Rejuvenate my old TL-922 so that I can call CQ and have someone outside
of W/VE answer me.
4) Toss some wire into the trees for 160m.

73,

Eric June KU6J

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com