[3830] K3UOC ARRL DX SSB S/O 20M LP UN

K3UOC at aol.com K3UOC at aol.com
Thu Mar 11 10:10:59 EST 1999

               ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: K3UOC                    Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: S/O SB 20M LP UN
	Section: PA

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS 	PTS/Q 	COUNTRIES

	  20 	     237      	711 	  3.0  	    	 80

     Totals   	     237        711   	  3.0             80  =   56,880

Equipment Description: IC-765 (100W), 20M dipole (low)

Club Affiliation: Harvard Wireless Club (W1AF), NW PA DX Club (W3DXR)

Time On: 18 hours

This is the first contest since 1965 that I have worked from my PA QTH and
using my own call sign.  Kind of reexamining my contest roots :-)  Low power,
no antennas to speak of, no packet.  This was hard work!  I earned every
contact, believe me.  It was fun, though.  Couldn't believe some of the great
DX I was able to snag.

Mike Manafo
K3UOC

http://members.aol.com/k3uoc/index.htm