[3830] NV4X (K2AV) WPX CW T/S HP AB

Guy Olinger, K2AV Guy Olinger, K2AV" <k2av@qsl.net
Tue Jun 1 03:54:03 EDT 1999

This one was for the club. Going up against the mob with my diminutive
antennas was a little intimidating. But that was neutralized by the
superlative conditions on 15.  Wonder what happened to 10?  40 was open, and
fairly quiet, but relatively deserted. The mob was on 15 all day and night.

One point rule a big winner IMHO. Strategy became work anything that would
call me back.  Kept the lean spots from becoming depressing.

Preliminary tower work under way so big antenna was laying on the ground.
Wait till fall....

Callsign Used : NV4X
 Operator : K2AV
 Category : TS SO AB HP
Team/Club : Potomac Valley Radio Club
Time Operated: approx. 30 hrs

BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Prefixes

   80CW            2               2                  2                0
   40CW          298             298           1132          151
   20CW          319             317            775           125
   15CW          563             560           1385          226
   10CW           51              51              111           16
Totals         1233            1228           3405          518

Final Score = 1,763,790 points.

 ANTENNAS:
  10    2 el @ 15 ft
 20/15  inv vee  @ 27 ft,  broadside NE/SW