[3830] K0OU WPX CW SO HP unassisted

Steve Lufcy km0l at tfs.net
Sun May 30 21:18:36 EDT 1999

                                 CQ WPX CONTEST

     Call used: K0OU                                         Location: USA
(MO)

     Category: Single Op Unassisted         Mode: CW              Power:
800

     Callsign of Operator: K0OU

     Exchanged Information: K0OU RST nr

     Hours of Operation: 34:07

     band      QSOs     points

     160          3          9        inv L
      80         31         62       hightower vert
      40        249        743      C4SXL at 65'
      20        649       1533         "
      15        700       1763         "
      10         56        124           "

     TOTAL     1688       4234   X   640 multipliers  =  2,709,760

     Club or Team Name: Kansas City DX Club

    Rig #1: TS-940s, TL-922a - C4SXL (separate feeds for 40 and triband)
                pentium90 w/ NA 10.36
    Rig #2: TS-430, MLA2500B - hightower vert and 160 inv L
                286 laptop networked w/ NA

     Comments: PERSONAL BEST !! This was the smoke test for the new Force12
C4SXL-
                       it passed with flying colors !  The tri band part
worked better than my old A4
                       and the 2 ele on 40 is a big improvement over the
old dipole - although it puts
                      me in a different catagory. I actually got answers to
my CQ's on 40 ! Neat !
                      Conditions were strange with 20 meters open most of
the night to Europe when
                      we should have been on 40 and 80. Then in the
mornings when 15 and 20 should
                      have been open to Europe the JA's were in on 20 and
Europe in on 15 while 10
                      was dead. Got my best European runs around 10 o'clock
at night and my best
                      JA runs at 9 in the morning. However strange this was
it was still great to be able
                      to run stations regardless of the time.
                      I think the one point for in country contacts rule is
a real shot in the arm for this
                      contest. Puts us on a more even keel with the rest of
the world, and appeared to
                      encourage participation. This was by far the best Q
total and mult count I've ever
                      had even though I gave up my rare prefix callsign
(KM0L).  Just a really great
                      contest!  Lets do it again next weekend!
                      CU all in FD.

     I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations for
     amateur radio  in my country.  My report  is correct and true to the
     best of my knowledge.  I agree  to be bound by  the decisions of the
     CQ Awards Committee.

     Name: Steve Lufcy                     Call: K0OU
           11020 E 72nd Ter
           Raytown, MO  64133

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com