[3830] KL7RA WPXCW99 SOABHi + notes

kl7ra kl7ra at ptialaska.net
Mon May 31 06:07:56 EDT 1999

                              CQ WPX SUMMARY SHEET

    Callsign Used : KL7RA

         Category : SO AB HIGH

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Prefixes

   80CW        4           4         18        1
   40CW       93          93        464       16
   20CW      441         441       1174      158
   15CW     1615        1615       4102      564
   10CW       25          25         72        5

 Totals     2178        2178       5830      744

    Final Score = 4337520 points.

Station: Icom 781's in SO2R with AlphaPower

Comments:
As 15 was open all night to Europe didn't spend the time
fighting the CW "boinking" on the low bands. The 40 meter
signals had a bongo drum beat which was neat for awhile, but
the echo of each letter was too much work to copy even with
double points. I guess that's why we get double points as
I was hearing everything twice. Checked 160 for any strange
Canadian calls. Didn't have any luck, which is okay as no one
can hear me on topband anyway being in daylight this time of
year. I was hoping for some good ten meter US runs, but didn't
happen. Why is it I can hear HC8N s-9+ on ten and not another
signal? What is it about that strange island that they can
propagate RF to the arctic on a dead 28 Mhz band when no one
else can? Maybe it's all that turtle soup they eat. I need to
get some of that stuff!

73 Rich KL7RA

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com