[3830] KA9FOX WPX CW HP AB ASSISTED

Scott Neader KA9FOX ka9fox at QTH.com
Mon May 31 11:54:29 EDT 1999

XYL and I are going to Scandinavia in less than a week, plus I'll be
leaving for Louisiana in about 4 hours for a short business trip... that
meant packing and planning for our Scandinavia trip this weekend and NOT
operating radio!  K9NW was in town and stopped by on Saturday to work the
boys.  His effort was 142 Q x 128 M = 51,072.

I did sneak in some operating time here and there, for a total of 5.5
hours.  Worked HC8N on 5 bands, due to their passing strategy!  The 160m
QSO with HC8N lasted about 10 minutes (gee, can't understand why they
couldn't hear my 80m vee and 300 watts through the summertime noise!).  One
highlight was the nice EU runs I was able to generate from my little
station... that was fun!! Another highlight was hearing 15 meters so alive
on Saturday night.  At midnight my time, I was working into both Europe and
JA.  Ah, memories of cycles past!

KA9FOX WPX CW HP AB ASSISTED - 5.5 hrs

160     1   80m inv vee @ 75'   (HC8N!)
 80     1   80m inv vee @ 75'   (HC8N!)
 40   101   C4XL @ 75'
 20   230   C4XL @ 75'
 15    49   C4XL @ 75'
 10     2   C4XL @ 75'          (HC8N and NN5AA)

TOTALS:  385 QSOs x 245 mults = 236,670

RIG:  IC-765
AMP:  AL-1200 @ 1.5kw (except only 300w on 160m due to tuner arcing)
LOGGING: TR Log
TOWER:  http://www.qth.com/ka9fox/tower

73 - Scott KA9FOX
INTERNET SOLUTIONS - Affordable web page design and hosting
Scott Neader (608)788-1234 / FAX (608)787-0100 / KA9FOX at QTH.com
3323 South 29th Street, La Crosse, WI  54601   / ICQ 12151451
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads:  http://www.QTH.com/Classifieds
KA9FOX Contesting & DXing Site: http://www.QTH.com/KA9FOX
Internet Solutions Home Page:   http://www.QTH.com/is

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com