[3830] SS CW W6EEN (N6RT op) SO HP

Doug Brandon dab@home.com
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 20:43:34 -0800

Call: W6EEN
Operator(s): N6RT
Station: W6EEN

Class: SO High Power
Operating Time (hrs): 24

Section: ORG

   160:
    80:     54
----------------------------------
Total:   1230 x     79  =  194,340

Comments:

I was totally incapacitated and bedridden Thursday with food poisoning or
some other nasty illness.  I still felt pretty crummy on Friday and I
didn't know if I would be able to operate.  I felt better on Saturday
morning and decided to go for it.  The two hour drive to W6EEN was a
challenge with various pit stops!  I did good, but think I could have done
better if I was at 100%.

The rates on Sunday sure were brutal.  Even with two radios, it got really
boring.  I went for 12 minutes without a QSO twice.  It would be nice if
there were some magic way to lessen the Sunday duldrums!

As always, many thanks to Don W6EEN.

    73 de Doug, N6RT

   Doug Brandon       http://members.home.com/dab         dab@home.com