[3830] CQWW SSB K8DX SOSB/15 HP

k8dx at raex.com k8dx at raex.com
Mon Nov 1 09:39:46 EST 1999

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: K8DX
Operator(s): K8DX
Station: K8DX

Class: SOSB/15 HP

   15:   2477     38    155
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:  2477      38    155  =  1,370,688

Comments:

My plans were to do a SOAB this year, but after getting ten monobanders
up this year, still found I did'nt have everything ready.  Figured 15M
would be the best place to have fun.  Had a copy of K3LR's rate sheet
from last year, and the W8 record in front of me to check my progress.
Almost broke the old W8 record on the first day!  KQ2M called me Saturday
night to let me know he was mono 15M, and just ahead of me.

Had some major computer crashes running WriteLog.  Lost about an hour of
total operating time Saturday, but more importaintly, each time it crashed,
I had no microphone (mic wired through the soundboard) and lost my run
frequency!

Looks as though I set the W8 record atleast.  The East Coast Advantage
still lives!

Scott K8DX

Equipment:  FT1000-MP, 1.5KW, 6/6/6/6 40/80/120/170

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com