[3830] CQWW SSB LZ2CJ SOSB/40 HP

wally at el-soft.com wally at el-soft.com
Mon Nov 1 17:35:33 EST 1999

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: LZ2CJ
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOSB/40 HP

   40:   1300     34    113
-------------------------------
Total:   1300     34    113  =  307 000

Comments:

A 160m "come back" participation have been planned for this year CQWW at
LZ2CJ, but after an unsuccessful attempt to put up a 160m vertical I have
ended with pair of phased verticals ( spacing 16m with 45 deg phasing) on
40m as a "start up" antenna at my newly purchased countryside contest location. So, I went for SOSB 40m with my FT847 and ACOM 2000 A (purchased 2 weeks before
the contest). The goal was to check the reception capabilities at this new
location( smooth valley with no big obstacles 10km all around).
As simple as it seems the antenna has estimated to be a "killer" at this
particular QTH ( see mults at KC1XX and N2RM plus their set up for comparison).
Saturday has been a day for JA's and Sunday for US(390 DXes worked)
Worked everyone I have been able to hear beside FM5BH, KH2/N2NL and FG5BG.Sometimes V47KP and on Sunday PJ4B have been stronger than EU stns.
Great sigs from HC8A,AH2R,V8A,9M8R, 5H3US, 6V6U and SU9ZZ.
Heard KL7Y at 15.25Z Sunday here - probably  long path calling CQ
( worked him at 04.16 Saturday morning).
Was a great fun. Will be glad to receive reports on my sigs on my E mail
address. Thanks in advance.

Cu,
Wally LZ2CJ
P.S. Score declared is just a rough one.Corrections possible.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com