[3830] VE6SV - M/S CQWW DX SSB 1999

Gord Kosmenko gkosmenko at arrowspeed.com
Mon Nov 1 02:36:47 EST 1999

                    CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: VE6SV                    Country:  Canada
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi Single
      Zone: 4

      160           68        131           1.93                7       6
       80          255        496           1.95              17      30
       40           591     1318            2.23             29      79
       20           788      2001           2.54             34     116
       15         1524     4186            2.75             38     132
       10           731     1794            2.45             32     118

     Totals   3957     9926     2.51    157     481  =>  6,332,788

Operator List: VE7NS  VO1CV  VE6AKY  VE6EPK  VE6BAB
                       VE6MRT  VE6NAP  VE6VW  VE6SV

A great contest as usual ! The team had a good mix of new and old
contesters and fun was made number one. We lost our mult stn amp
so working mults barefoot was not for the weak of heart, breath and
voice. Hindsight reveals we made some not so great running band choices
but all in all it was a decent showing. Our other goal of logging accuracy,
as team was also meet. We spent a great amount of time checking with the
worked contact that they got our callsign right. Hopefully, this will be
proved out in our UBN report. We also noted "many" packetcluster spots
that were broken calls.

We also had some rotor problems, it sure would be nice to have "fixed
mounted" yagis for the major directions, all selectable from a simple rotary
switch.

I would like to thank the guest ops, it is them, take make it all come
together
and the major force in making this station VE6SV the success it is, even
if it is relatively small to rest of the world. !

73 de Gord VE6SV

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com