[3830] CQWW SSB N0AV SOAB HP

n0av at netins.net n0av at netins.net
Wed Nov 3 00:37:20 EST 1999

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: N0AV
Operator(s): N0AV
Station: N0AV

Class: SOAB HP

  160:     10      6      6
   80:     30     11     16
   40:     61     15     39
   20:    203     27     82
   15:    457     30     88
   10:    898     32    116
-------------------------------
Total:   1659    121    347  =  2,200,068

Comments:

Super Condx this time out! Wish I would have picked single band 10 instead
of
my abbreviated version of SOAB. I usually get bored operating just one band
but
who could argue with wall to wall loud DX stations from 28300 thru 28900??
Spent very little time on the low bands, opting to sleep instead...I guess
age
is becoming a factor. Murphy made several visits this weekend also. 15
minutes
into the test the thunderstorms we have not had all fall arrived, wiping out
the first four hours. In the middle of a pretty good European run on 10
Sunday
morning the left ear piece on my Heil Pro-set fell off. Since this had
happened
before I was confident I could repair it quickly. After fooling with the
dinky
little screws and seeing both wires off the speaker in addition to the
mechanical problem I decided I did not have the patience to repair it. Out
came
the old BM-10, complete with partially disentegrated earpads, to finish the
contest!

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com