[3830] K5OY 99 SS CW SO QRP

Steve Steve
Mon Nov 8 09:35:21 EST 1999

                         1999 ARRL NOVEMBER SWEEPSTAKES

     Call used: K5OY                                           Location: AR

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW                Power: 5W

     Callsign of Operator: K5OY

     Exchanged Information: nr Q K5OY 92 AR

     Hours of Operation: 17:28

     band      QSOs     points
     -------------------------
     160          0          0
      80         58        116
      40        127        254
      20        126        252
      15         45         90
      10         19         38
     -------------------------
     TOTAL      375        750   X   75 multipliers  =  56,250

     Club or Team Name: Ozark Contest Club

     Comments:
     This was my first time at running QRP.  And, being newly
     married and in the throes (not the best way to use this word-hi)
     of marital bliss, I decided to
     run this show from home in a very casual effort.
     To say I was shocked would be an understatement!!!
     I still have the venerable G5RV up at 25 feet as my
     prime, and only, antenna.  Running four watts into
     such a mighty beast, I thought, would only produce
     marginal results.  And, while my totals are below
     those of others with aluminum, I did manage a
     Worked All States and a total weel above my
     expctations.  Thanks to the great ops for pulling
     my puny signal out of the quagmire and thanks to
     Jay, W5JAY, for getting me interested in doing this
     effort
     Oh, and another benefit.  No RF problems.  No TVI
     problems.  No stereo and computer speakers warbling
     with the strains of "92 AR".  My wife still loves me.

     steve
     k5oy at alltel.net

     I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations for
     amateur radio  in my country.  My report  is correct and true to the
     best of my knowledge.  I agree  to be bound by  the decisions of the
     ARRL Awards Committee.

     Name: Steve Gibbs                     Call: K5OY
           22 Aberdeen Ct
           Ft Smith, AR  72908

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com