[3830] KE9NA 99 SS - First Pass on Score

Jon Ogden jono at enteract.com
Sun Nov 21 20:40:37 EST 1999

First Pass on Scoring:

Total Q's: 762  (Has not had dupes checked or taken out)
Multipliers: 76

Total Score: 115824

Class of Operation: Single Operator High Power
Club Affiliation: Society of Midwest Contesters

First pass at scoring based on logs.  Had to hand write logs since none of
my computer programs would take the new format.  The writers should make the
USER programable!

Had to miss the first 6 or 7 hours of the contest due to a friend's wedding.
Had a blast running stations most of the time as when I went S&P I kept on
hitting stations I'd worked before.  Was also extremely tired most of the
contest!  Don't know why.

The worst moment came when my neighbor knocked on my door to tell me that I
was causing him some horrible RFI.  I could have turned my power down and
worked more stations and I did work about 2 more, but my heart wasn't in it.
Had no idea how I would affect him and I can't run stations running low
power.  So I shut off the rig and amp and went and watched the Bears beat
San Diego.

My first Sweepstakes ever.  It was fun.  I like the exchange as it keeps you
alert and makes you think.  Was shooting for 1000 Q's.  Might have made it
had my neighbor's house been about 100 feet farther away!  I am totally
bummed!  Oh well....Just gotta help him button up his electronics at his
house.

I'll post more accurate score later.

73,

Jon