[3830] ARRL SS SSB N6MU(@N6NB) SO QRP

N6MU1 at aol.com N6MU1 at aol.com
Mon Nov 22 11:08:07 EST 1999

                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: N6MU(@N6NB)
Operator(s): N6MU
Station:

Class: SO QRP
Operating Time (hrs): 20

Section: SJV

   40:     28
   20:     40
-------------------------------
Total:    666 x     79  =  105228

Comments:

The Iceman Cometh - again! If the band totals look funny, they should. I lost
the 20 meter beam late Saturday afternoon - swr went to infinity. Not sure if
the feedline broke or what. The 40 meter beam was stuck pointed at the Pacific.
The 15 meter beam literally broke in half early Sunday afternoon. All this from
an ice/wind storm that lasted basically all weekend. The wind was blowing a
gale which made the wind chill bitterly cold. You can't imagine everything
coated with a half inch of ice until you see it - amazing what Mother Nature
can do. I gave up once the 15 meter antenna broke as the weather was simply
atrocious and I wanted to get out of there while it was still daylight. 666
seemed an appropriate number to stop on, hi. Congrats to VE4VV on a terrific
score. 73...

John, N6MU

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com