[3830] WB1GQR SS SH SOHP

Mitch Stern w1sj at arrl.net
Mon Nov 22 14:39:15 EST 1999

WB1GQR   -   VT
SOHP

80	469
40	151
20	805
15	83
10	207
Total:	1715  Q's
Sec:  	79

Last section worked was KP2.  Had to go looking for them.  Worked VE8
relatively early.

Conditions good, but strange.  Except for the first couple of hours, 10 and
15 didn't produce much.
With its short skip, 20 meters was the big producer.   On 80 meters,
conditions were good, but many stations got lost in the extreme QRM across
the band.   Within the first hour of jumping to 80 meters, I had to contend
with a thunderstorm - quite the rare thing around Thanksgiving!

With the rules change, I had to give up my trusty NA verson 6 (!?) and also
had to change out my PC-XT to run the new software. I was nervous running
with a new combo like this for the first time in 10 years, but it all
worked great!

73, Mitch

Mitch Stern
w1sj at arrl.net