[3830] W4MR SS Phone Multiop

bogus at does.not.exist.com bogus at does.not.exist.com
Mon Nov 22 18:07:06 EST 1999

                      ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 1999

      Call: W4MR                     Section: NC
      Station: AA4NC
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi Operator

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

      160        0        0        -
       80      212      418        -
       40      554     1108        -
       20      429      852        -
       15      258      516        -
       10      182      364        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals   1635     3258       79

               Score:  258,330

Power Output: 1500  watts     Hours of operation: 24
Off times: 0700-1157, 2039-2109, 0002-0035

Operator List:  KI7WX, AA4NC, K4HA, NX9T, KS4XG

Equipment Description:
FT990, FT1000MP, AL1200, LK500ZB
Inverted vees on 80,40
tribander @ 35',
40: 2/2L     20: 4/4L   15: 4/4L   10: 6L

Club Affiliation: PVRC

No shortage of multipliers this weekend! There must have been a dozen VY1/VE8
and KP2 stations on. We completed the Clean Sweep in less than 4 hours. We
had a great start, especially the 146  hour on 80m by KI7WX. Thought we had a
shot at the Division record after Saturday night, but Sunday was just too
slow - averaged 50/hr all day. It's frustrating from here when the high bands
are this good. We entertain ourselves by listening to the guys in the west
run 150/hr on 10 and 15m as our CQs are ignored. The same time period that
produced 100+ hours on Saturday, produced 26/hr and 28/hr  on Sunday (40 and
80). After you work the competitors, it's hard slogging to work the casual
ops and the guys that call in with no clue as to what is going on. ("You're
5-9 plus in Repeaterville, name is Delmus - not sure what you need..."
For a phone contest, it wasn't too bad!

                             Signature  Will Roberts

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Will Roberts  AA4NC