[3830] NX9T CQWW CW SOAB Low power 4 hours(4 bands)

NX9T at aol.com NX9T at aol.com
Sun Nov 28 19:19:03 EST 1999

CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: NX9T                     Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator
      Zone: 5                             4 hour operation

      160        0        0     0.00      0       0
       80        0        0     0.00      0       0
       40       32       86     2.69      8      20
       20       32       83     2.59     13      26
       15       32       89     2.78      8      21
       10       32       75     2.34     13      22

     Totals    128      333     2.60     42      89  =>  43,623

All reports sent were 599-o5.

Equipment Description:      TS 830s
                            Half sized G5RV at 40 feet

Well, to say the least this was an experience.  We moved from the old QTH
2 weeks ago so the primary station is all in storage. We are in a rental
for about 5 months while our new home is being built. I only have one
marginal antenna up and the 830. No computer interface for CW keying either
on this rig.  Worst of all......I am  now in the "city" and unfortunately
very close to  a electrical sub station which presents a S7 QRN factor on
EVERY band 24 hours per day. Oh for the country!!!! Won't be back soon
enough!  Anyway, as difficult as it was to hear and work under these
conditions
I did have a good time.  Mainly wanted to get on and make a few Q's and
add a couple points to PVRCs effort!  73 and I should be at the new QTH for
the next CQWW!!!

Club Affiliation: Potomic Valley Radio Club

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Jeff Keller  NX9T
               PO Box 28441
               Raleigh , NC 27611