[3830] AA4GA CQWW CW Single Band 15

Lee Hiers aa4ga at contesting.com
Sun Nov 28 22:09:58 EST 1999

                               CQ WW CW SUMMARY SHEET

    Callsign Used : AA4GA

         Operator : AA4GA

     Station Used : W4WA

         Category : Single Op Unassisted Single Band 15

             Club : SouthEast Contest Club

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries   Zones

   15CW     1762        1686       4898       117        37  5/5 @ 70'& 35'

 Totals     1762        1686*      4898       117        37

    Final Score = 754,292 points.

* Includes 31 stateside guys (@ zero points each) who apparently needed the
mult...happy to work 'em AND include 'em in the log - it's not a problem!

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

W4WA & I were going to put together a little M/S operation and go head to
head
with NQ4I's M/S, but first Rick's M/S vaporized, and then we couldn't get our
other operators, so we decided to do a couple of single band efforts to mess
around in the contest (I still got to go head-to-head with Rick, as he was
also
15m single band!).

This is the first time I've done a single band effort seriously, and it's a
fun
way to contest...I got 15 and Ronnie got 10...we were able to get plenty of
sleep during normal hours, but still put in "serious" efforts.

I'm sure my multiplier was way too low...I didn't spend any time at all
cruising for mults on Saturday...and not as much as I'd planned on Sunday, as
the rates were still going fairly well then.  I guess operating multi-op has
gotten me too dependent on packet for mults...just like K4NO mentioned.

Oh well...I'll have to try this again sometime.  See y'all in the 160 'test
next weekend!

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers