[3830] CQWW CW KA9FOX SOSB/40 HP

ka9fox at qth.com ka9fox at qth.com
Mon Nov 29 00:01:37 EST 1999

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: KA9FOX
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOSB/40 HP

   40:    588     33    107
-------------------------------
Total:    588     33    107  =  220,220

Comments:

LOCATION:  Wisconsin, USA

EQUIPMENT:

Antenna:  Force 12 C4XL @ 74 feet  (2 el + tribander on single boom)
Radio:    Icom IC-765
Amp:      Ameritron AL-1200 @ 1500w

ONLINE PICS:
Shack:  http://www.qth.com/ka9fox/ka9fox.jpg
Tower:  http://www.qth.com/ka9fox/tower

Boy, when you are married with children, your priorities sure change!  For
years, I've ALWAYS been 'somewhere' for CQWW... never at HOME!  But times, they
are a changin'.  Did family stuff with my wife and 2 year old son during the
day, and played radio at night... choosing to try a single band 40 meter
effort. Only managed to get on about 17 hours, missing some key parts of the
contest (such as the beginning!) but really had a blast operating from home.
Only one RFI complaint (damn motion detector) but neighbor agreed to just
disconnect it until after the contest.

Fun contest and great family time too, which included cutting down and
decorating our Christmas tree -- weekends don't get any better than this
(unless you happen to be contesting from the Carribean)

73 - Scott KA9FOX

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com