[3830] CQWW CW K6ZM Multi-Single HP

ad6gy at qsl.net ad6gy at qsl.net
Mon Nov 29 00:44:13 EST 1999

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: K6ZM
Operator(s): K6WG, WA6O
Station: K6ZM

Class: Multi-Single HP
Operating Time (hrs): 47:31

  160:     14      6      7
   80:     30     12     15
   40:    667     35     94
   20:    447     37    101
   15:    422     34     83
   10:    625     33     88
-------------------------------
Total:   2205    157    388  =  3,349,570

Comments:

As always our thanks go to Peggy, W6AFI, for hosting us during this long and
eventful weekend.

20/40 beam rotator stacked at 45 degrees on Friday night and it took Stan's
(K6WG) two trips up the tower and some hard work on the ground to fix it on
Saturday morning.

Then, when 20/40 beam was finally functional, the RFI problem on the computer
network showed up, but ONLY when we're beaming JA on 40!

Well, to add some more fun WA6O got so exited about the working beam that he
turned it 305 right away, put the running station on the 20m and started CQ...
without switching the mult station from the same antenna. The smell from the
mult station's IC-756 stopped the CQ... [RIP].

Still we managed to accomplish our personal goals - 3.2M points and/or 2200 Qs.

Some improvements are on the way for the antenna switching hard/software, so,
it's always gonna be the next year :)

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com