[3830] CQWW CW KB8N SOAB LP

PaulKB8N at AOL.Com PaulKB8N at AOL.Com
Mon Nov 29 10:33:30 EST 1999

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: KB8N
Operator(s):
Station: KB8N

Class: SOAB LP
Operating Time (hrs): 40+

  160:     15      9      9
   80:     40     23     15
   40:    209     75     26
   20:    182     74     27
   15:    298     76     25
   10:    409     87     28
-------------------------------
Total:   1153    344    130  =  1.47M

Comments:

Rigs:  Pair of Omni VIs, TR Software

Antennas:  Low wires, perpendicular 40M inverted Vees at 35', extended double
zepp.  All antennas fed with balanced feeders through homebrew
auto-bandswitching tuners.

Great conditions!  Just missed my personal goals of 1.5M, 1200Qs and 500 total
mults, but very pleased with the effort.

High noise levels on 80M and 160M, and less activity there than expected.

Personal gripe:  Since 99 percent of my QSOs are S&P, stations who don't
identify frequently slow all of us down and increase the risk of dupes.  I wish
they all operated like Dan's team at KL7Y, who ID with every QSO!  They were
stellar!

Highlights:  Working A61 on 40M who was buried two layers deep in QRM and
getting him on the first call!  Also working EA8/EA9 on 80M.

I worked almost everything I heard, but it just usually took a while!!

Great contest!

Paul, KB8N

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com