[3830] RE: Points in the summary ?

Dinkelman, Michael W. Mdinkelm@physio-control.com
Tue Oct 5 16:11:39 EDT 1999

Hello All

Regarding the CQP summaries. I've been asked why (by at
least two people), why I don't report the breakdown of Q's
instead of total points. It's a valid question and if two
people are willing to speak out, there must be others with
it on the tip of their tongue. (BTW, I really welcome the
feedback.) Unfortunately, the reporting for CQP seems more
varied than usual. The only thing really common about the
reports are Calls, mults, and total score. (Well... not
everyone reported their total score but I was able to
calculate it for them <g>.)

As to the question that was posed to me:

a) Some participants report their Q totals and mode but
not a breakdown of Q's by mode

b) Others don't report what mode they operated at all.

c) Some report only a total score and mults and then I have
to do my own math to get the point total (until that got old
and I quit doing it)

I can only really work with what I am given and until we get
a common reporting format (fat chance), I try to pick the
data that's common to the majority of reports without
overwhelming the summary with reams of data nobody may care
about. (Myself, I don't find the breakdown betwen SSB and
CW very interesting anyway but that's just me - I understand
that others do.)

It's too late to change things for now and I usually don't summarize
State QSO parties anyway but the interest seemed high on this one.
(Certainly, the posting rate is higher than some DX contests). I'll
make note to add CW/SSB breakdowns in the future if you'll (as a group)
will provide the info. I thank those who took the time to write in
and ask.

GL and Good Contesting
dink, N7WA