[3830] KU6J CQP SOLP Nevada County

Eric June ericj at kudonet.com
Mon Oct 4 05:07:40 EDT 1999

         CALIFORNIA QSO PARTY SUMMARY SHEET

Callsign Used : KU6J
Operator : KU6J

Category : Single Operator, Low Power, Nevada County

   80CW       54          54        162       0
   80SSB      55          55        110       0
   40CW      107         107        321       1
   40SSB       4           4          8       0
   20CW      227         226        675      26
   20SSB     215         215        430      10
   15CW      100         100        300      12
   15SSB      51          51        102       4
   10CW       46          46        138       1
   10SSB      78          78        156       2

Totals      937         936       2402      56

Final Score = 134512 points.

CW QSOs:  533 (56.9%)
SSB QSOs: 403 (43.1%)
Operating Time: 23.8 hours

-- Equipment Description --

FT-1000D
MFJ Antenna Tuner
TRLog v6.35
Antenna: 135' Doublet Up 30' (all bands)

-- Soapbox --

Great fun!  First CQP since late 70's when as a kid, I used to battle it
out with NA6T over in Mendocino county (Bob always won).  With De, VE2,
and Wy out of the way I thought a sweep would be easy.  Ended up missing
Hawaii and Utah.  Doughhhh!!!!  10m CW sometimes seemed like meteor
scatter on Sunday.  When I'd ask for a fill, many stations would QRS which
made things tougher.  A couple of 80 WPM bursts would have been the ticket
with the Q5/Q0 QSB. Is it just me, or does TRLog have a bug that won't let
you enter a DX QTH?  All DX got logged as Calaveras county and I had to edit
the log in Notepad to add the country after the contest.  Goal for next
year: get a real antenna and a QSK amp so that I can be competitive.  Low
power into a low wire doesn't cut it.

73,

Eric June, KU6J

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com