[3830] NB1B CQP SOABHP

NB1B at aol.com NB1B at aol.com
Tue Oct 5 07:56:44 EDT 1999

Call:  NB1B
State:  Massachusetts
Hours of Operation:  24

Band                   CW Qs            SB Qs            Tot Qs
160                           2                   0                     2
80                           26                 30                    56
40                           54                 32                    86
20                           68                 91                   159
15                           91               193                   284
10                           44                 66                   110

Totals                    285                412                  697
QSO Pts                855               824                 1679
Mults                                                                   58
Total Score                                                       97,382

Antennas:  160, 80, 40- 4 squares in a salt water marsh
                 20- 4 el @ 140 ft
                 15- 4 el @ 105 ft
                 10- Dipole @ 30 ft

Soapbox:   CQP 99 was frustrating.  California activity seemed to be down.  I
could go up and down the band with everyone saying how loud I was- 20, 30 db
over S9.  But sit on a frequency and call CQ and run stations?  Just wouldn't
happen.  For my 697 QSOs, I probably worked 150 different stations.  Congrats
to N6O, who contributed 11 QSOs to the total.  There were also maybe another
20 stations that contributed 10 QSOs to the total.

I worked County # 57 at 9:05 into the contest- K6PJ in Sierra.  It took 18
more hours until I worked KM6RH in Glenn for the sweep (1903Z on Sunday).
How about an award for slowest sweep?

Many, many LOUD signals from California.  Again, N6O was like a beacon on
most bands, telling me it was open even when no one else was there.  Probably
the biggest signal, however, was K6NA.

Hope to see everyone again next year from somewhere on the East Coast.

Dennis NB1B

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com