[3830] LY3BA EU SPRINT CW

Gediminas Lucinskas ly3ba at takas.lt
Sun Oct 10 22:24:03 EDT 1999

                      EUROPEAN SPRINT CW  SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 09-Oct-99

    Callsign Used : LY3BA
         Operator : LY3BA
         Category : SO
Default Exchange : # GED
             Name : Gediminas LUCINSKAS
          Address : P.O.Box 34
   City/State/Zip : BIRZAI    LT-5280
          Country : Lithuania

        Team/Club : KTU RC

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points
   80CW       55          55         55
   40CW       54          54         54
   20CW       67          67         67
Totals      176         176        176

    Final Score = 176 points.
Comments:
1. Looks like Contest is too long. Seems to me 3 hours would be enough
with present activity.
2. Necessity to use high power,to be competitive, makes many of even avid
contesters to stay away - in case if you don't want to be just a bullets
for few big guns. (I've experienced this myself few years ago taking part
with output power 60 Watts). I think it would be very nice if power
would be limited by let's say 100 Watts.
73!Gedas,LY3BA
I, by virtue of my statement below, have taken part in the European
Sprint, conscientiously applying my most ethical interpretation of the rules
for this contest as set for the rules.