[3830] VE3SRE - Limited Multi-op - ARRL Sept. VHF Contest

Bob Chandler ve3sre at compuserve.com
Mon Sep 13 03:04:34 EDT 1999

VE3SRE - Limited Multi-Op, ARRL Sept. VHF Contest

OPERATORS:  VE3SRE, VA3FIN

QTH:  Newmarket, Ontario    Grid FN04

SUMMMARY:

BANDS		QSO'S	QSO PTS.   GRIDS

1296		   4	    12	     4
432		  25	    50	    11
222		  18	    36      11
144		  67	    67	    29
50		  53	    53      26

TOTAL		 167       218      81   =  17,658 POINTS

EQUIPMENT

50 MHz.	 Kenwood TS690S -50 watts & 5 elements @30 ft.
144 MHz. Kenwood TS790A & Mirage Amp -150 watts & 2 x 9 elements @50 ft.
222 MHz. RCI-2950, Sinclair Transverter -5 watts & 13 elements @35 ft.
432 MHz. Kenwood TS790A -30 watts & 19 elements @50 ft.
1296 MHz. Kenwood TS790A & MMI Transverter -.5 watts & 45 elements @50 ft.

SOAPBOX

Both of us were tired coming into the contest having been to the
Victoria-Haliburton ARA's fleamarket on Saturday morning.  Conditions
were pretty dead until Sunday afternoon.  We did hear quite a few "pings"
of meteor scatter on six meters but none long enough to complete a
QSO.   The aurora late Sunday afternoon and early Sunday evening though
did make things interesting and we picked up quite a few grids on
six and two meters.

For both of us it was our first experience on 1296 MHz.  Four grids
with only half a watt was okay by us!!

Had a good time!

73 de Bob VE3SRE

73 de Bob VE3SRE