[3830] VE7IN Phone Sprint SOHP

Earl Dery Earl_Dery at mindlink.bc.ca
Sun Sep 12 22:47:15 EDT 1999

SOHP

   80SSB      31          31         31       0
   40SSB      77          77         77      14
   20SSB      66          66         66      29

 Totals      174         174        174      43

    Final Score = 7482 points.

Well I had alot of fun as always in the sprint. Sorry for the couple of
times I seem to go blank on a couple of Q's well maybe more than a couple :)

The old adage of test things well before contest starting time sure was a
lesson this time.Contest starts here 17:00 local, at about 14:30 I decided
to make a check on the antennas to make sure I wouldn't be surprised by
anything and found the 80 meter dipole had extremely High SWR, a bad piece
of coax from the antenne to where I connect to coax going underground to
house. Fortunately that coax is a bit too long and I have some coiled in
storage area where the cables come in underground so I was able to pull more
out to reconnect to the 80 m dipole. This meant that the leasurely supper
and brief rest before contest did not happen and I was scrambling to get TR
reconfigured for the sprint so started about 15 Minutes late. Also as
mentioned one should probably check the bands once in a while to see what is
happening, I haven't really been on the air since phone WPX.
Thanks all for the Q's.

73 Earl VE7IN

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com