[3830] KA9FOX/0 SPRINT CW - Low Power Mobile!

Scott Neader KA9FOX ka9fox at QTH.com
Mon Sep 20 01:49:25 EDT 1999

On family vacation out west, brought my new IC-746 and 20m/40m mag mount
antenna and operated contest from hotel parking lot in Ogalala, Nebraska
from the family mini van!

Missed first 40 minutes of contest due to dinner with family going late and
wasted time trying to figure out how to use my new IC-746's built in
keyer.  Also didn't learn until after the contest that the IC-746 has a
pseudo CW filter (APF), so I did the entire contest without a CW
filter!!  Note for next contest... learn how to use radio BEFORE the
contest.  Had no 80m antenna, so end of contest was a little boring.

I really had a BLAST and was very glad that I could give out the 'rare'
Nebraska multiplier for a few deserving contesters.

- Scott KA9FOX

     Contest Date : 05-Sep-99
    Callsign Used : KA9FOX/0
             State: NEBRASKA
         Category : LOW POWER
        Team/Club : DEAD LIZARDS CAN'T SEND CW (SMC) TEAM #2

    BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

    80CW       No antenna
    40CW       50          48         48       7         1
    20CW       80          79         79      32         0

  Totals      130         127        127      39         1

     Final Score = 5080 points.

INTERNET SOLUTIONS - Affordable web page design and hosting
Scott Neader (608)788-1234 / FAX (608)787-0100 / KA9FOX at QTH.com
3323 South 29th Street, La Crosse, WI  54601   / ICQ 12151451
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads:  http://www.QTH.com/Classifieds
KA9FOX Contesting & DXing Site: http://www.QTH.com/KA9FOX
Internet Solutions Home Page:   http://www.QTH.com/is

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com