[3830] WE9V CQWW RTTY SOAB HP UA

Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 Chad.Kurszewski at motorola.com
Mon Sep 27 14:47:09 EDT 1999

CQ WW RTTY Contest

Call used: WE9V
Location:  WI

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX  Zones
80        33    37    17     3     5
40       154   334    36    41    15
20       289   666    35    61    24
15       363   947    28    71    29
10       121   317     9    43    18
--------------------------------------
Total    960  2301   125   219    91

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 1,000,935

FT-1000
Homebrew 8877 @ 1200-1400W  (blew up twice on Sunday)
KT34XA Stack at 50/100'
TA-34 at 56'
XM-240 at 110'
80M Dipole

Counting my offtime, it's just more than 24 hours.  I
guess that means 24 hours of operaing time.  Looking back,
I wish I would have operated much more, as conditions were
great.

Last time I did this contest, it was from the KS9K superstation
back in 1995.  I had over 1000 QSOs, but only 706k points,
running two radios.  DX multipliers are way up this year.
My previous best was 71 zones and 165 countries.  My states
are down, previous low was 151.  Att that in a part time
effort.  Just goes to show you how good conditions were and
how good participation was.

10 and 15M was just unbelivable.  I was running Europe at
2pm local (19z) barefoot.  That was great.  Lots of great
DX on.  9M6, JY, GM/s, 3B8, HB0, SV9, HZ, 4S7, 5B4 all calling
me.  Lots more nice stuff that I called.  Just short of DXCC in
24 hours.  Nice.

Chad  WE9V

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com