[3830] K8MR NAQP CW S/O Ohio

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Sun Aug 6 10:51:57 EDT 2000

               2000 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY (August)

     Call used: K8MR                                   Location: OH

     Category: Single Op        Mode: CW              Power: 100W

     Callsign of Operator: K8MR

     Hours of Operation: 06:07

     band      QSOs         mults
     -----------------------------
     160         24          14
      80        101          34
      40        143          45
      20         79          33
      15         47          22
      10         17          10
     -----------------------------
     TOTAL      411         158      SCORE: 64,938

     Club or Team Name: Mad River Radio Club  #2

Conditions were poor, activity fair.  I took the evening off for a bridge
tournament with my wife, where we won our division.  This was my first SO2R
effort
on HF - I think it went pretty well with only a few moments of
confusion. Early on the second band was 20 using a dipole at 25
feet, which worked OK for the big guns but not for the scatter level
QSOs.

My most amazing QSO was when WE9V successfully passed me
from 160 to 15M at 0430Z.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com