[3830] NAQP CW N5RZ SO

rbowen at iglobal.net rbowen at iglobal.net
Sun Aug 6 11:58:09 EDT 2000

                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: SO
QTH: TX

  160:     27     13
   80:     80     32
   40:    183     45
   20:    258     49
   15:    120     44
   10:     94     36
----------------------
Total:    761    219  =  166,659

Club/Team: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Lots of fun.  10M was outstanding at the beginning.  15M was very poor from
here and I had to work hard to get the total I got -  moved some mults there
late from the low bands - thanks NT1N & N6ZZ.  20M & 40M are always the
workhorse bands for rate, though 40M was very noisy.  I apologize for my poor
80M sigs & thanks to all who pulled me through.  160M sounded decent, but about
0445Z, S9+20db power line noise fired up wiping out all but the locals

Stn 1:  FT1000D, Rotary TH6DXX @ 65', dipoles on 40M, quarter wave wire
vertical on 160.

Stn 2:  TS850, KT34XA fixed NE at 75', TH6DXX fixed NW at 35', pitiful 1/4 sloper on
80.

Thanks to all for the QSO's  -  CU in the CW sprint in September!

--73,  Gator

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com