[3830] RE: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX CW Logs Received Lists

Henderson, Dan N1ND dhenderson at arrl.org
Fri Aug 11 09:51:17 EDT 2000

Hi Saul:

This underscores a major problem that we all share:  the logging program you
are using has allowed you to submit an entry that does not include a
legitimate entry category.  For this contest, there is no such category as
you show on your summary sheet - i.e. Single Unlimited.  The only ARRL
contest with such a category is Sweepstakes.  The problem becomes
intensified when you did not verify that it was legitimate and change the
category to a correct one before you submitted.  The problem then becomes
magnified again when the person doing the data entry, who in this case is a
summer temporary employee (not a ham or contester) didn't catch it.  This is
one reason we post the logs on the web - to try and catch things such as
this.

We will review all entries before they go to QST, as always.

Thanks and 73

Dan Henderson, N1ND
ARRL Contest Branch Manager