[3830] N0KE@WB0GAZ CQWW CW AB QRP

Philip F. Krichbaum pfkski@vail.net
Fri Dec 1 06:16:48 EST 2000

N0KE@WB0GAZ CQWW CW 2000 AB QRP

Band	QSOs	Zones	Countries
160	  4	  3	  3
80	  8	  6	  5
40	 69	 16	 24
20	153	 21	 58
15	211	 27	 69
10	368	 28	 88
total	813	101	247   =  794,832  Operated 37 hours (turning 60 makes it
harder to stay up)

	The flare at 1637z Sunday hit my QRP effort hard. In the last 7+ hours
I was only able to make another 99 QSOs and about half of those were in
the last two hours. VEs were real popular after the flare.
	Thanks to Dave Feldman, WB0GAZ, for the use of his station. The new
Force 12 C49XR was a real killer. It felt like I was running at least
100w instead of QRP. I'm sure some of the people I beat in some of the
pileups would be pissed if they knew I was QRP. A month prior to the
contest I'd worked a couple of G stations with all of 1 mw output to the
C49XR on 10m CW. The second antenna, a Force 12 5BA was far superior to
the previous TA53M. CN8WW and JH5FXP were worked on all bands but 160.
The 160/80m inverted V is only 45 feet at the apex but still good for a
few QSOS including KH6CC on 160m. Its not often that I've worked JA QRP
on 80. A 2 el on 40 rounded out things.
	73 Phil N0KE  Colorado