[3830] TARA - GU0SUP/P MOST LP

Phil Phil
Sun Dec 3 14:00:00 EST 2000

Hi all,

Well, that was a difficult one! Propagation was wierd, and it was hard work
at times to get heard. Stuck in there, and had fun anyway, but nowhere near
as many mults as last year.
There were some BIG signals coming out of Arizona and California, (some were
a true 599), but it was difficult getting you to hear us.

I had planned to operate as GU3HFN, but didn't get the necessary
registration number in time to do that, so had to run as /p this time.
Having a TH6 for 10, 15 and 20 wasn't noticeable, although if I had been at
home, I doubt I would have worked as many stations as we did with the beam.
Due to the recent strong winds, we had no dipole for 80m. It was laying in
bits at the bootom of the tower, and it was too chilly to play around and
try and fix it.
Couldn't hear that master blaster Eddie, but we did see others working that
(in)famous callsign.

Due to the conditions, it was almost impossible to get a run going, so most
of the contest was S&P, and that was the reason we caved in at around 0100Z.
Keith GU6EFB also had to be up for 0930 to read the RSGB news here, so he
didn't want to be late to bed!

Highlight for me was getting the VP9 in the log! Other than that, there
wasn't much ion the way of juicy DX around.

Thanks to TARA for sponsoring this FUN contest, and to all who struggled
with our poor signal.

So here is what we managed :

TARA Sprint       2000
Call used: GU0SUP/P
Operators: GU0SUP, GU6EFB
Location:  GUERNSEY

Entry Class: Multi Op, Single Xmit, Low Power

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX
80          0        0       0         0
40         35      35      7        17
20         37      37     18        6
15         34      33      21        3
10          4        4       4         0
--------------------------------------
Total    110    109    26*   21*
--------------------------------------
* - Counted only once (not once per band)
--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 5123
=================================
Software: RTTY by WF1B  v4.5c
PK232, TH6 up at around 10m for 10, 15 & 20, and dipole for 40m.
Power Output: 100 Watts

"I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established for amateur radio in my country. My report is correct
and true to the best of my knowledge. I agree to be bound by the
decisions of the Awards Committee."

Date ___/___/___  Signature ____________________________Call __________
        3 DEC 2000 Phil Cooper  GU0SUP

Phil Cooper GU0SUP