[3830] ARRL160 K1KY SO LP

k1ky at bellsouth.net k1ky at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 4 13:55:19 EST 2000

                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K1KY
Operator(s): K1KY
Station: K1KY

Class: SO LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 10:53

Total:     530     70        3      =  78037

Club/Team: TENNESSEE CONTEST GROUP (TCG)

Comments:

Part-Time effort due to participation in the National Weather Service Special
Event (NWSSE) at K4OHX in Nashville . Headed toward the Cat House at 00:30z
Sunday morning (Sat Evening local) during heavy snowfall and almost took a
right turn toward home when I reached the decision point. The final deciding
factor was the curiosity to see what kind of rates could be attained being "new
meat" during the second evening. Arrived safely and fired up the station on the
air at 01:40z. My curiosity was quenched with sustained 10 minute rates maxing
out at 174/hr and a best hour of 118. Operated non-stop until 12:33z when
things slowed down to the point that I found myself being awakened by calling
stations few & far between. Rather than run the risk of running a "CQ Beacon",
I called it quits and turned in after a full weekend of radio and other
activities. Got up at noon and drove 90 miles to install a VHF repeater on
another mountaintop. What an exciting "hobby"!

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com