[3830] CQWW CW ZF2AM SOSB/15 HP

johnbarcroft at clearchannel.com johnbarcroft at clearchannel.com
Mon Dec 11 13:01:36 EST 2000

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: ZF2AM
Operator(s): K6AM
Station:

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: ZF
Operating Time (hrs):

   15:   3161     36    126
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:   3161     36    126  =  1,324,998

Club/Team:

Comments:

This was my second time ever from a DX location.  Hopefully I learned something

last year during my training mission.

Conditions were bad and good at the same time.  I thought we would close down
around 7 or 8 and go have dinner. Not a chance.  The band opened early and
stayed open to JA until 11PM.  This helped pump up the score but made for not
much sleep for an old guy.  On the bad side. the band just shut down very
abruptly both Saturday and Sunday.  At the worst point I only heard KC1XX
mournfully calling CQ into the abyss.  But he must have known it wouldn't last.
 Surprisingly, within an hour or so everything was roaring again.

New buildings next door made for some pretty bad line noise but it went away
periodically and was able to get the weak ones in the log.  Was hoping for more
South American participation.  I did call CQ that way several times and was
very surprised to be called by 8Q and FR for new mults over the south pole.

Congrats go out to the other two guys in the shack, ZF2RR(N9XX) who did a great
job on 10M LP on his first time out of the country and veteran Carl ZF2LA(K9LA)
who did quite well on 40 LP sharing time with his family on the island.  And of
course thanks to our host Andrew, without whose generous support we could not
even play.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com