[3830] ARRL 10 Meter WA8RCN SO QRP

Jim Turle jturl at cisco.com
Wed Dec 13 09:56:28 EST 2000

Call Sign : WA8RCN
Contest : ARRL 10 Meter Contest
ARRL Section : Ohio

Category : Single Op ; QRP

Score = 405,594

                 QSO's            Multipliers
CW             380                   106
SSB            313                    83

Station :
TS850 SAT @ 5 watts
FT1000MP @ 5 watts

Antenna :
4 element quad on a 30 ft boom @ 55 ft

I'd like to thank everyone who worked me in the contest. Running QRP it
wasn't easy at times. A number of stations kept trying until I either worked
them, or I gave up and QSY'ed. Trying to sit on a frequency and do runs did
not work. Trying to work stations on backscatter for the most part was
impossible, thus missing a lot of close in states. Although it was
frustrating, it was also a lot of fun. No phone calls from the neighbors,
and no issues with phones, stereos, etc in the house. Hope to do it again
next year.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com