[3830] ARRL 10 SOCW LP IK4UPB

IK4UPB Gabriele ik4upb at aev.net
Fri Dec 15 00:07:07 EST 2000

                     ARRL 10 METER CONTEST -- 2000

      Call:      IK4UPB
      Category:  Single Operator
      Power:     Low Power=20
      Band:      Mono 10
      Mode:      CW=20
      Country:   European Italy
      Club Affiliation: Marconi Contest Club         =
http://www.mcc-italy.it/

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES

       CW     1189     4756       54      101
      SSB        0        0        0        0

      Totals  1189     4756       54      101  =3D   737,180

=20

Equipment Description:

Working IC781 + 5 el Yagi @ 70 mt

=20
Comments:

First day I'd plan to look for country tryng to maximize Mults.
In the morning I'd a good opening with JA but it wasn't the same thing =
douring the afternoon beaming to west:
only tree W6 in the log.
I stopped at 19:00z with 628 qso.

Second day mainly running. I thought about 1000 - 1050 qso at the end of =
the contest but conditions
seemed to be better than the first day.
I started with a good operation with far east, I'd good signals from JA =
and UA9 Long Path also.
The afternoon was better than the first day; lots of W0 W5 W6 W7 with =
very good signals.
Propagation gave me the opportunity to maximize low angles antenna's =
performances working US over my previsions.

Finally, I would like to thank all the people who call me and also a =
special thank to IR4T guys.

73 de Gab IK4UPB

=20
           MAILING ADDRESS: