[3830] Stew Perry N1EU SO HP

n1eu at yahoo.com n1eu at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 31 12:51:22 EST 2000

                     Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N1EU
Operator(s): N1EU
Station: N1EU

Class: SO HP
Grid Square: FN32
Operating Time (hrs): 8

QSOs:  244  Score: 1,050

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

The snow storm in the Northeast sure made things interesting.  Had to
periodically dash outside to keep the driveway clear (all 1000ft of it) and
knock the snow off the inv L feedpoint.  Also made for fairly high noise
levels, especially to the Northeast/Europe after 0200Z.  The weather service
reporting unusual thunder and lightning in some areas of snowfall, so this
helps explain the QRN to the NE.

A fair number of weaker European stations were being trounced by US hams who
were running at 1834-1836.  Besides the obvious dx window violations, I
witnessed ill-mannered operating on several occasions - the last bastion of
gentlemanly operating (i.e., Topband) was surely tested.  I guess contests can
unfortunately bring out the worse in some.

Apologies to the low power west coasters I couldn't pull out of the QRN, even
on the Beverage.  And thanks to KL7RA for calling in with the biggest KL7
signal I've heard in this neck of the woods (Albany, NY) in quite a long time.

DX worked: 4X, DL, EA8, F, FM, G, GM, GW, HA, I, KH6, KL7, KP4, KV4, LA, OM,
PA, PY, SM, UA

DX heard/not worked: LY, OK, UR5, YV

DX not heard: VK

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com