[3830] Stew Perry W4SAA SO LP

w4saa at arrl.net w4saa at arrl.net
Sun Dec 31 16:06:21 EST 2000

                     Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W4SAA
Operator(s): W4SAA
Station: W4SAA

Class: SO LP
Grid Square: EL94
Operating Time (hrs): 11

QSOs:  199  Score: 2,008

Club: FLORIDA CONTEST GROUP

Comments:

Operated portable from the KOA camp grounds at Fiesta Key in the FL Keys. EL94
Rig OMNI 6+  Tuner
ant 1/4 wave vertical over sea held up by a kite..tnx to N4BP.
put 2 radials into the water.
Operated in the open.  Picnic table on point.
 Temp in 40's  wind 25 mph  had to quit for 3 hours.shaking es cud not copy.
this was my first time ever on 160m  and  of course  my 1st Stew Perry.
Hope the error rate is not to high.  Still new at this.
This was my first time ever on 160M..and first Stew Perry..  Not my last.
Home QTH antennas limited to what I can fit on my apt balcony...so portable for
my xmas present to myself.
I had a ball..cold and all.  Some qrn but lots of wind noise. Lots of good OPS
Thanks for your patience.
Best dx KH7A  KH6ND UA2FF one wiff of a DL but faded.
Looking back I should have ran more early in the evening.
Listened in the DX window..but not much DX heard.. but high point ratio from
EL94.

See you next year

Joe W4SAA
North Miami