[3830] NA Sprint CW N6MJ HP

kc6cnv at aol.com kc6cnv at aol.com
Sun Feb 13 13:12:13 EST 2000

                     NA Sprint - CW

Call: N6MJ
Operator: N6MJ
Station: W6KP

Power: HP
QTH: CA

   80:     78   0:55
   40:    126   1:30
   20:    157   1:35
----------------------
Total:    361 Qs   51 Mults =  18411

Comments:

Thanks to W6KP for hosting me again.  Everything was all set up for so2r when I
got there, but it turns out my audio splitter stopped working.  It worked fine
the last time I used it, but now it doesnt work at all.  So had to stick with 1
radio.  I totally lost the rhythm on 40m..  I should have been really loud
there, but I had to CQ forever to get someone to answer me.  I might have been
in the wrong part of the band..  I mostly stayed around 7020-7035.  I knew I
would get killed on 80, cuz W6KP only has a 67 foot vertical.  Its a great
antenna, but not when your main competition (W6EEN) has a 3 el yagi on 80.  He
only beat me by 10 q's on 80, but he really got me on 40 by a lot..  Kinda
surprising since both of us were using 4 el yagis.  It was really windy up at
KP's QTH so we had to lower the 20m antenna down to 60 feet instead of its
usual 75 feet.  This was the first time I really felt loud on 20m in a sprint,
so I think im gonna be lowering that tower for all contests now!

Rate  104-94-78-85

DX worked:  ZF, J3, KG4, KP4, KP2
Mults missed: ME, RI, VT, MD, NM, MT, NE, IA, VE1, VE4, VE8 and a few more that
i cant think of right now..

73, Dan  N6MJ

N6MJ         361   51     18411HP

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com