[3830] CQ160 CW M2D SOHP

vic at anlaf.karoo.co.uk vic at anlaf.karoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 13 10:21:23 EST 2000

                     CQ 160 Meter Contest, CW

Call: M2D
Operator(s): G4BYG
Station: M0ARC

Class: SOHP
Operating Time (hrs):

QTH:

QSOs: 816  States/Provinces: 29  Countries: 55  Score: 405300

Comments:

Start like a train.Then Hurricane winds caused havoc on the antenna site.
Lost the 3/8 wave L antenna 100ft up and 100ft horiz.Halyard snapped snagged
10m beam.Had to make it a European contest after that as only had 73ft high
inv vee dipole. This is the 4th time in 10years we have suffered hurricane
force winds during the contest period and have suffered countless antenna
losses.Must be crackers doing this contest as have had rope burns/bruises
Near frostbite and cold/flu symptoms,car breakdowns,snowed in for days.
Power outages and animals nibbling at the coax,s.
Conditions rather poor to the USA with only limited openings.
Most frustration caused by hearing several West Coast stations with huge
signals
only not being able to make them hear me.
Will be back next year if my body can take it hi.
Thanks to all for making the effort worth it.

Equipment used: TS950s      Challenger Linear Amp Uk amplifer
               DSP-NIR filter
  Antennas (while they stood)  Inv L 100ft vert 100horiz with 6 raised radials
Inv vee dipole @ 75ft
1 x 500ft terminated Beverage rx ant to the NW.
1 x 500ft Unterminated Beverage rx ant running NE/SW.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com