[3830] A look at the WPX claimed scores!

Mobile Workshop mobile.workshop at guernseytelecoms.com
Tue Feb 15 14:48:02 EST 2000

Hi all,

Just for the fun of it, I tried the excercise of POINTS PER QSO again for
this one, but then realised that that was NOT the answer!
Just as an aside, the P/QSO didn't look too bad, and most were in some sort
of order from the top down. If you play around with this, you may well see
how you did compared to others, but the thing to learn here is how to
maximise your mults! Some had High P/QSO's, but didn't make the most of the
mults, and so came lower down the table.

BUT! With this one, if you try POINTS PER CLAIMED POINTS, you get an idea of
how the bands were used. It is only a guide, as the average starts to rule
here.
Foe example, with RW4LYL, he averaged 4 points per QSO, hence he must have
made more use of the lower bands to maximise his score. SM5FUG was the only
other one to make 4 P/QSO, (not strange, as he entered SB80), but it does
mean that he probably didn't work outside Europe.

In the end, it means nowt really, as we only manage what we can, and it is
no good looking back. BUT, I am still convinced that there is something to
be learned from doing this excercise, if only to see what you can learn for
the next contest!

I am still staggered by the signals emanating from P40K and from HC8N, both
of whom were audible on the 3 higher bands for most of my
operating/listening time. (And Trey, it was nice to meet you in Windsor too!
)

I am gutted to lean that Bob ZL2AMI called me and I missed him! I did see
HC5K which would have been a new one for me, but he was under the most
unruly pile-up that I decided to wait and call later. never did see him
again! KE7AJ was an excellent signal here for a lot of the 2nd day too. And
I even managed a couple of W6's, but none were Eddie! (Sri Eddie! :-< )

Oh well, now I really must get that R7000 up for the BARTG test, and also
get this RF problem sorted.

Very 73 and CUL de Phil GU0SUP
PS..... Tnx to Roy for the results sheet as usual!

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please delete it from your system.

postmaster at guernseytelecoms.com
www.guernseytelecoms.com

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com