[3830] ARRL DX CW N7VY 40 Meter QRP

Gordon D. Blank n7vy at qrp.net
Sun Feb 20 18:24:23 EST 2000

                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 2000

      Call: N7VY                     Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator QRP
                 Single Band -40 Meters
      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160       0              0   0.0        0
       80        0               0   0.0        0
       40      118        354   3.0       50
       20        0               0   0.0        0
       15        0               0   0.0        0
       10        0               0   0.0        0
     --------------------------------------
     Totals    118      354   3.0       50  =   17,700

Equipment Description: Yaesu FT-1000, Force 12 C-4 @ 70 feet,
Butternut HF-2V Vertical, Phased Verticals toward JA.

Club Affiliation: Page/Lake Powell QRP Group

Comments: QRP on 40 Meters??!! What a sickness I have. Actually
it was better that I originally thought. Last year there were 3
stations ( 1 W/VE, 2 JA ) that operated in the CW contest
and Zero in the SSB contest. It's amazing to me how many stations
do not zero beat prior to calling a DX station. Zero beating works
and I have 118 contacts in the log because of it. Best pileup was
Jim at ZD8Z, worked him in 5 calls.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com