[3830] CQ160 CW K7SV SOLP

schimmy at erols.com schimmy at erols.com
Mon Jan 31 20:15:56 EST 2000

                     CQ 160 Meter Contest, CW

Call: K7SV
Operator(s): K7SV
Station: K7SV

Class: SOLP
Operating Time (hrs): 24

QTH: VA

QSOs: 570  States/Provinces: 53  Countries: 23  Score: 108,188

Comments:

IC746 100W to top loaded 60' vertical. 300' terminated beverage at
45 degrees, 300' unterminated beverage at 160 degrees and Penant at
240 degrees. Half of flat top loading on vertical dropped from 90
degrees to 45 degrees in wind storm. Had tough time working Eur Fri
night, but busted pileups to VK/ZL like I was running steam. Got
Reports look like Eur was better Friday night. Extremely low qrn/qrnn
allowed me to hear more weaker stations that I simply couldn't cut
the mustard with at 100W! Have to see what I can do to improve the
transmit antenna for next year. 73 de Larry

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com