[3830] NAQP CW KL9A SO

kl9a at qsl.net kl9a at qsl.net
Sun Jan 9 14:59:23 EST 2000

                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: KL9A
Operator(s): KL9A
Station: KL9A

Class: SO
QTH: AK

  160:      0      0
   80:      0      0
   40:      0      0
   20:     52     30
   15:    182     52
   10:    128     50
----------------------
Total:    362    132  =  47,784

Comments:

I wasn't even going to be in town for this one, but thanks to the wonderful
Alaska weather, the road was undrivable.  90mph winds, blowing snow, 2 feet of
visibility... not really a fun drive to the cabin.  So got here about 45 mins
after the contest started, and gave it a go.
Using the backup TS-430 and the Timewave DSP599zx (the DSP saved me!) with a
low TH7, I figure I did ok.  Not great, but ok.  I really like this contest,
but can never seem to do well, mostly because of antennas.  I moved a LOT of
mults, and I think guys liked it when ALASKA had them move... I got a few
emails afterwards.  :)
I probably won't be on for the SSB one (another attempt at going to the cabin)
so work them all Rich!  :)
Congrats to all the huge scores.  Wow.  Maybe when I go to college I'll have a
chance at going to a big station and testing my skills.  I need to practice the
SO2R thing though.  Might have to throw up another antenna and use the 570 and
430.

WL was flawless.. and I figured out just how I like it setup.  I love that
program...

CU in SSB if the road is not navigable :)
-Chris KL9A  (ex WL7KY)  kl9a at qsl.net  QSL via NU4N

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com