[3830] CT8W ARRL 10m

F5HRY at aol.com F5HRY at aol.com
Sun Jan 9 17:11:32 EST 2000

            ARRL 10 METER CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: CT8W                     Country:  Portugal
                                     Category: Multi Single

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES

       CW     1454     5816       60       96
      SSB     1535     3070       60      113

      Totals  2989     8886      120      209  =   2,923,494

Operator List: F1HAR, F5HRY, F5MZN, F6EPY, F6FVY

Comments :
Very pleasant stay in Portugal for the 1999 ARRL 10m contest.
The excellent location, indicated by Jose CT1BOH, is a real hot
spot for contests in Europe. The take off to the states (as well as
to Europe) is outstanding. I looks like it is possible to see New York
harbour when the WX is fine ...
Propagation conditions are really different from what we are used to
in northern France. It is still possible to work W many hours after sunset,
and south America until midnight or more ! LP propagation is lovely, even
if the rates were rather low.
Highlight of the contest was working UA2FM/MM in R2 on both modes on
sunday evening, when the band was almost dead.
Many thanks to CT4NH and CT1BOP for their help. Speaking with Jose
CT1BOH could have justify our trip to Portugal. Sometimes, this guy seems
to be coming from a very far planet, where contesting is the primary langage
We learned a lot. Thanks for that Jose !
73's de Herve F5HRY

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com