[3830] VA7CC SOABHP ARRL RTTY Roundup

Pat Flynn pflynn at fsj.net
Sun Jan 9 21:27:27 EST 2000

2000 ARRL RTTY Roundup

CALL USED: VA7CC        State or province: BC

Category: SOABHP         Power: 600 watts

Default exchange sent: 599

SCORING: 987 QSO points x 108 multipliers = 106596 claimed score

Equipment Description:

Rigs: Yaesu FT-1000D
Antennas: 80m - Delta loop 80 ft apex, 40m - Delta loop 78 ft apex,
          20m-15m-10m - TH7DX tri-bander 83 ft.

Was going to just spend some time giving out points in this one.
Cold bug was taking a major toll on my body. Running the
keyboard, radio, coughing, sneezing, and blowing my nose was a
quite a challendge. Caught another bug though. The contest bug,
and away I went.

Not much activity on 80 meters here.  There might have been more
after I too a break at 06:30z, but signals seemed to be dropping
off up until this time. 10m was a little dead the first day,
but picked up some on Sunday. Good signals on 40,20, and 15.
However signals dropped like a rock on 20 and 15 shortly after
sunset. Conditions picked up for Europe Sunday morning. Europe
was much better here Sunday than the start on Saturday.

To all those who I met in the contest, hope you had as much
fun as I did.  Thank you for the contacts. Hope I will see you
all in the next one.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com