[3830] NAQP CW K6RO Multi

k6zz at ccis.com k6zz at ccis.com
Tue Jan 11 11:26:12 EST 2000

                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: K6RO
Operator(s): K6RO, K6ZZ
Station: K6RO

Class: Multi
QTH: CA

  160:     22      8
   80:    124     40
   40:    266     51
   20:    287     56
   15:    256     49
   10:    195     40
----------------------
Total:   1150    244  =  280,600

Comments:

     Bruce, WA7BNM and I had been kicking around the idea of doing an NAQP
Multi-Two for a few years since neither of us had ever tried it before.  Bruce
was tied up for CW so I discussed the idea with Larry, K6RO and talked him into
giving it a shot.  He was a little apprehensive about doing a full effort CW
contest, but quickly got the hang of it and did a great job.  We decided to use
Larry's station since his was configured better for doing a Multi-Two.

     Band conditions seemed pretty good and we did a decent job on mults
considering we didn't ask anyone to QSY for us.  I have a better feeling what
city dwellers have to deal with on 160M.  I usually do real well on the Low
Bands from my Mojave Desert QTH.  It seems 160M was pretty good from all the
comments I've read but you could've fooled me!  I did the 80M and 160M
operating and it was definitely different from the home QTH.  Our multiplier
number on 80M was decent for being out West but we should have had about 20
more 160M.  Our goal going into the contest was 1200 QSO's and 250 Mult's.  We
came pretty close on both.

     We had fun and definitely have some thoughts on how to improve the scores
next time around.  Scores overall were awesome!  Now for the fun part, checking
all these mammoth logs!

     See you in NAQP SSB...Bob K6ZZ.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com